Thursday, April 29, 2010

NEW BLOG

I moved to Tumblr....


I used to think Tumblr was a homebase for Hipsters to post abstract pictures of their cigarette butts, Converse, and girls making mustaches with strands of hair (“It’s ironic because I’m a girl, you probably wouldn’t get it, it’s very abstract and post modern).

But according to @JohnCMayer Tumblr serves a greater purpose:

It’s the future of social networking if your image of the future features intelligent discourse. I love reading other Tumblr users replies, because they’re thoughtful by virtue of the fact that if they’re not, they’ll bring the intellectual property value of their own blog down, and that’s a commodity on Tumblr.

I have to admit, I was starting to feel like a Twit on Twitter.

The 140 character limit suffocated my creativity and slashed up my spelling. To the point that I was spelling “mayor” and in Quimby, “Mayer” as in JohnC…

….okay that could be my own fault.

Already I’m having fun tumbling.

Here’s why:

  1. There’s a place for me to post quotes from some of the greatest minds of my generation like Heidi Montag and the cast of the Jersey Shore.
  2. There’s a place for me to work on my screenplay, in the form of chats from my over anxious Italian Mother.
  3. There a place for me to post pictures of things that inspire me artistically, like possibly erotic wallpaper found in local bar bathrooms.
  4. If something moves me on Youtube I can easily share it. Like that video of the McDonalds McMillinare, which I still can’t get enough of..
  5. If a richly artistic ditty makes my heart stings sing I can spread the love and share the music, Like Van Halen’s “Jump” which I’ve had stuck in my head since Beer Fest.
  6. I can share links I like..


No comments:

Post a Comment