Monday, January 18, 2010

THIS JUST IN: THE GOLDEN GLOBES STILL HAPPENED LAST NIGHT


http://liveforfilms.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/golden_globes.jpg
Yes it's been over 24 hours... but I'm watching E!s fashion police on the Golden Globes right now. I figure if E!s still talking about it, I can still talk about it.

So Michael Jackson....

Let me preface this with saying, I'm not a fan of the Golden Globes. Because lets face it, it's not the Oscars and it's not the Emmys. It's a weird mash up of both, judged by press that isn't even in our country. Let's not forget these are the same countries think David Hasselhoff is a God...

http://www.snowcoveredhills.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/david-hasselhoff-drunk.jpg

...and no, that doesn't make him a good actor.

But Ricky Gervais was hosting.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/1/18/1263835674050/Ricky-Gervais-at-the-Gold-001.jpg


I'd watch him host a dog show. And I'm a "cat person".

In the spirit of my sorority, I will format my tardy coverage of the Golden Globes with my personal highs and lows.

LOW- the Red Carpet coverage, specifically Giuliana Rancic.
A.) Why are you dressed up like the Tin Man?
See full size image




Wish I could find a pic of her dress.. but trust me.. it kinda looked like this.
B.) Why are you yelling at George Clooney?
C.) Why am I watching you now on E!'s Fashion Police, sitting there, oranger than Snookie and wearing a dress that matches your khaki hair extensions?

HIGH- Joan Rivers.

She is my hero. "Join us next week when we cover an award show that describes my boobs, SAG." LOVE HER.

LOW- Whoever was in the control room during the taping of the show.

Really? Shaky cameras? Out of focus lenses? Capturing the wrong actor on camera when you’re announcing his nominee? My college's award show is shot better than this...

HIGH- I was eating delicious guacamole at the time.


Yes Shara, they should make a Facebook fanpage for your guac. I'll start it. :)

LOW- Julianna Margulies' Dress
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2010/01/julianna-margulies-golden-globes-2010.jpg
Was she serious with that thing? I think I saw that same dress only sluttier at Wet Seal this weekend...where I totally didn't go into, and definitely didn't buy a Blossom-esque spandex dress that I convinced myself didn't look like it was from Wet Seal, but two glasses of wine later realized, yes this dress looks JUST like something from Wet Seal. I broke the cardinal rule of bargain shopping "Don't buy something from [Insert Cheesy Store Targeted to Teenagers Here] that looks like it's from [Insert Cheesy Store Targeted to Teenagers Here]

HIGH- I have a new dress.

LOW- The rain.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/01/19/alg_penelope_cruz.jpg
To any of those outside of LA you might not understand this, it doesn't really rain in LA... EVER. So when it does people get really confused and fear they might melt, which is probable here. rain is to LA as blizzards are to NY. Only difference is New Yorkers know how to drive in a blizzard.

High- Watching celebrities in the rain. So awkward. Where do I put this umbrella? What about the train of my dress?

But THANK GOD for the rain, or else Giuliana Rancic would've had to come up with some actual red carpet questions instead of asking, "Can you believe this friggin' weather?" as some poor actress waits in the rain to be interviewed. Classy G.

Okay I need to stop watching E! I think my brain is rotting.





1 comment:

  1. Julianna Margulies' dress looked like a dancing with the stars costume. True or false? Also Ive never heard more people cry about the rain more. In NYC we DGAF(dont give a fuck).
    Low-Sandra Bullocks hair. Im in my bed and havent showered and my hairs in a pony tail and it looks better then that shit. hate that b

    ReplyDelete