Saturday, September 5, 2009

THE RAINBOW COLLECTION


Okay I'm obsessed with making theme playlists.

 

I make one for every season, mood etc.  I am a huge nerd.

 

The other day during savasina  (the rest after a yoga class) the teacher played Alexi Murdouh's Orange Sky, which made me think of Nick Drakes Pink Moon, which made me think I should make a rainbow playlist.

 

Here's the deal:  Make a playlist that's titles of the songs are color coordinated in rainbow order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).  Indigo doesn't count.  It's not really a color.

 

Here's Mine: 

 

"Red House"- Jimi Hendrix 

"Orange Sky" - Alexi  Murdoch 

"Mellow Yellow" - Donovan

"Another Kind of Green" - John Mayer Trio

"Blue" - Joni Mitchell

"Purple Haze"- Jimi Hendrix 

 

I think the Hendrix bookends works nicely.

 

What's your rainbow playlist?

3 comments:

  1. "Red F" - Dan Deacon
    "Orange Ball of Peace" - The Mountain Goats
    "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    "For Reverend Green" - Animal Collective
    "The Blue Route" - The Walkmen
    "Red and Purple" - The Dodos (yeah, I could have also used this as #1, but a cheater I am not)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good one... I wish I could be that alternative

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Red" Jaylib
    "Orange Moon" Erykah Badu
    "Yellow Brick Road" Eminem
    "Green Light" John Legend Feat. Andre 3000
    "Blue Magic" Jay-Z and Pharrell
    Purple Ribbon All-Stars "Kryptonite"

    It's a Hip Hop rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete